Marchington Consulting was founded in 2001 by Adrian Howe, providing technical constraint breaking to rapidly growing manufacturing businesses, using a proprietary problem solving approach and inspirational, high energy coaching style.
After a period in industry, leading one of the most modern FMCG plants in Europe, Adrian founded and grew an operations consultancy which now has offices in Europe and the United States. In 2021, he returned to his roots working freelance.
Preferred engagements are in high growth, high value and high urgency environments where you need an immediate step change in performance. Very often, these engagements are used as "beacon projects" to energise broader programmes of change.
About the founder:
• Adrian studied Aeronautics and Astronautics. That doesn't make him a rocket scientist, but he knows a bit about flying and he has a deep curiosity in the science behind how things work
• Adrian is a coach and is adept at tailoring style to geographic and corporate culture, as well as the individual
• He has been described as a “catalyst” and an “industrial guerilla”. He hopes his style and technique inspire people at all levels to do more than they ever thought possible
• Working as a leader on the inside of a large organisation and on a global change programme have taught him more about leadership and people than any course or book
• He is passionate about people achieving self-actualisation and working on the most important issues facing the manufacturing world, especially in renewables, health, food production and circularity
I've worked in a range of businesses from SMEs up to and including very well invested multinationals like ExxonMobil, so I have seen all levels of performance, of improvement capability and of organisational maturity.
I have worked on processes with True OEEs ranging from 8% to 91% - all having high value opportunities, with ambitious leaders.
So I am not here to judge, only to help. If you have a high value issue or a burning platform in need of change, get in touch.